5 Ingredients that should be avoided and why:
- Saturated Fat - can lead to heart disease, weight gain ( Obesity ), high cholesterol and even cancer
- Too much salt - consuming too much salt can lead to hypernatremia, or an imbalance in the amount of salt and water in the body, in the short term, and increased blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and osteoporosis in the long term. The recommended daily intake for the average person is around 6 grams of salt per day, but average consumption is closer to twice that number
- Too much sugar/soft drinks - too much sugar can weaken your immune system and ruin your health for 146 reasons: http://www.rheumatic.org/sugar.htm
- Alcohol - alcohol is a neurotoxin, which means it can poison the brain. Young people are more likely to take risks when drinking. Alcohol is a significant factor in a range of risky situations, including: Fighting or brawling, drowning, drug overdose, self harm or suicide.
- Energy drinks/caffeine - energy drinks and caffeine can cause: Palpitation (abnormality of heart beat) , shaking, restlessness, digestion problems, chest pain, dizziness, numbing of the skin, sleeplessness, head aches.